RESULTS

Year 6 SATs

The Year 6 SATs results published in the summer of 2018 show the positive progress achieved by pupils at Key Stage 2. The table below shows the percentage of pupils who achieved at or above the expected level in the key areas of the primary curriculum:

  % of pupils at or above expected level 
Reading 70% 
Mathematics 74%
Writing 80%

EGPS (English, Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling)

78%

 

Year 11 GCSE

The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is the top non-selective state school in the area with 82% of GCSEs graded 4 - 9 in the summer of 2018.

This outstanding achievement has seen the School reach higher than the national average in all key government measures, with pupils achieving the following:

  • 74% of pupils achieved a good pass of grade 4 and above in English and Maths, with 54% of pupils achieving a grade 5 and above.
  • 100% of pupils achieved a strong pass (grade 5 and above) in Triple Science, with 85% of students achieving a grade 7 or above in the subject, which is the equivalent to an A or A*.
  • This year, 28% of all GCSEs were graded 7/ A or above.
  • Progress 8 score = 0.00. The national average is 0.00.
  • Attainment 8 score = 5.1. This is an increase from 4.84 in 2016/17, and shows that pupils' average grade is a strong pass. 

The graph below shows the upward trend of academic attainment at the School:

 

Sixth Form

In 2018, Year 13 students who sat their exams achieved a higher percentage of A*-B at A Level than would have been predicted for them based on their prior attainment at GCSE:

 

% A Levels graded A*-B 

Expected Results 

 33.2%

Actual Results

 43.9%


This year’s fantastic results ensured that 83% of students who applied to university met the conditions of the offers at their chosen universities. At the time of writing, the remaining 17% of students were waiting to hear from universities regarding their places, or had chosen to apply through clearing.

Destinations of Leavers 2017

Detailed Exam Results 2017

Department for Education School Performance Tables