The Equestrian Centre at the Royal Alexandra and Albert School is renowned for being a relaxed and welcoming venue with approachable and experienced staff.
The Centre provides affordable riding lessons to pupils at the School, as well as offering pupils opportunities to compete in local and regional events. The stables boast a double American barn that houses 20 horses, tack rooms, classroom, feed room, kitchen and office. There is a floodlit 40x50m outdoor sand school and a 20x30m indoor sand school. The Centre is set in the picturesque heart of Surrey within the grounds of the School.
Riding lessons are charged at £260 per term, invoiced at the start of each term.
Notice of one term in advance must be given if riding lessons are no longer required.
From September 2021, the Equestrian Centre will be offering the BHS Pony Stars Junior Challenge Award. Pony Stars is aimed at helping pupils under 12 discover and develop a love for ponies. With over 100 topics covered, Pony Stars is structured to build knowledge, increase confidence and encourage friendships.
There are six themes which are covered:
- How to look after ponies safely and considerately. It covers areas such as grooming, breeds and hoofcare.
- Welfare of all animals and how to keep them safe all year round. This explores pony behaviour, health, and poisonous plants to look out for.
- Riding skills, saddles and boots, pony fitness and tack care.
- Exploring with your pony outside. Learn more about the countryside, trees and plants, navigation and the highway code.
- What to do in the yard. How to work smart, be a good leader, being kind and more about stables and paddocks.
- Understanding how Junior riders can impact their family and community, including feeing birds, being Green, and having a healthy mind.
The cost per term is £150, for 10 theory lessons per term and includes one challenge book.
Notice of one term in advance must be given if a pupil no longer wishes to take part in Pony Stars.
The Equestrian Centre is a member of the British Show Jumping Association and is an accredited Show Jumping Centre. This provides pupils and visitors with the opportunity to compete in classes between 70cm and 1m.
The Equestrian Centre also hosts Dressage Competitions.
Riding School Licence
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School Equestrian Centre received a 5 star rating for animal welfare. Full details of the Equestrian Centre's licence can be found here.
The licence number for hiring of horses: 19/03892/AWHH
Licence granted to Peter Dawson, Bursar, by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council.