The Royal Alexandra & Albert School is a purpose-built co-educational maintained boarding school in 260 acres of Surrey parkland. Pupils are aged 7-18 and 470 of the 1000 pupils are boarders. The school has excellent facilities and is only 5 minutes from the M25.
The School is part of the School Direct Warwick Partnership. As such we offer School Direct training places.
Head of Citizenship & Careers
Salary: UPS/MPR +TLR2 (£4,442)
As a 7-18 State Boarding School we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to provide inspirational leadership of the Citizenship and Careers Department and provide the effective delivery of an outstanding Citizenship and PSHE curriculum. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing an effective strategy for providing comprehensive careers advice to students from year 8 upwards and ensuring that all students are equipped to face the demands and challenges of life beyond school to become active citizens of the 21st century.
All pupils in years 7-11 have one core Citizenship lesson per week, through which Citizenship, Career and PSHE guidance is delivered. The School also offers pupils the opportunity to study Citizenship as a GCSE and it is a popular choice.
The successful candidate will:
• To provide strong and supportive leadership of the Citizenship and Careers Department
• To lead the department to the highest standards of professionalism as a role model for colleagues and pupils
• To lead the design and implementation of an outstanding Citizenship and PSHE curriculum and education across Key Stages 3 and 4
• To be responsible for the successful delivery of GCSE Citizenship
• To ensure Citizenship, PSHE and Careers are thriving throughout the school and ensure the highest levels of engagement of all students
• To be responsible for the development and co-ordination of a comprehensive careers programme within the school that helps students make informed decisions at each stage of their school career
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
Please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 25th April at midday
Interview: Monday 30th April
Available From: September 2018
Part time School Nurse required to work 3 x 8 hour shifts plus 2 on calls per week, term-time only in the school’s medical centre, to start as soon as possible.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert is a co-educational state boarding school with students ranging from the ages of 7-18. The Health centre is an 11 bedded unit staffed by registered nurses from 7am - 9.30pm, 7 days per week with a nurse on call at night.
The candidate will need to be registered with the NMC, ideally with experience working with children, A&E/minor injuries and child mental health. Previous experience in a school is desirable, but not essential.
Pay will be on level 5/6 according to the NMC pay scales.
• Knowledge/Qualifications: Registered General Nurse with relevant experience.
• Communication: clear, concise, timely and appropriate communication.
• Sensitivity: listens well and understands others’ needs and perspectives
• Self Motivation: meets objectives on own initiative, committed to self-development.
• Teamwork: flexible, co-operative, self aware, ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Organisation: systematic, efficient, meets agreed priorities.
• Response to change: investigative, adaptable, prepared.
In this role you will be:
•Part of a team, committed to running an efficient and effective Health Centre for the school
•Entitled to a free lunch in the School's Dining room
•Able to use the School's indoor swimming pool and Fitness Centre free of charge
•Eligible to receive a 33% remission on boarding school charges
Please telephone 01737 649200 for further details or to arrange an informal visit.
To apply, please download a support staff application form. Please complete and return to email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on receipt.
Available From: ASAP
Applicants from outside the UK should understand that they will be
required to teach a demonstration lesson in school as part of the recruitment
process for teaching posts, so we do not interview by Skype. It is also
important to note that we do not pay travel expenses for overseas travel.
Gap Students. Please note that we do not employ GAP students.
form download instructions
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must
be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the
post, including an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
The DBS check replaces the old CRB check.
If you think you would be suitable
for any of the above posts, please download the
relevant application form using the appropriate
link below. If using Microsoft Internet Explorer,
right click on the link then choose 'Save target
As' from the pop-up menu.
Please apply only if posts are available.
Application form for a teaching post (MS Word)
Application form for a non-teaching post (MS Word)