The School can trace its origins back to 1758 when a group of City gentlemen met and decided to collect up enough money to create a boarding School for twenty orphan boys. This opened in 1760 and twenty girls joined the School a couple of years later.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School Act of 1949 united The Royal Alexandra School, which was founded in 1758, and The Royal Albert School, which was founded in 1864 as a national memorial to Prince Albert. We are proud of our royal patronage.
This Church school is committed to fostering Christian principles within a caring community, where people of all faiths and beliefs are made welcome.
Gatton Park with its three lakes, serpentine and 260 acres of parkland provides the ideal setting for our school. Our purpose-built classrooms provide first class facilities for study. Purpose-build boarding houses provide comfortable, modern accommodation for Primary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary pupils.
Predominantly a boarding school, we provide continuity of education from seven to eighteen years. Unusually, we are able to provide the very best of boarding education at reasonable charges. As a state school, we are only able to admit children from UK or EU families.
Our Motto, Mission Statement, Ethos and Ambitions underline all that we do, and the way in which we teach in School and care for pupils in their boarding environment.
Nisi Dominus Frustra. The School motto is adapted from the 127th Psalm 'Unless the Lord keep the City the Watchman waketh in vain'.
We develop impressive individuals ready to flourish
- Providing an inclusive and all-round education
- Delivering academic progress and success
- Inspiring leadership and character
- To sustain a boarding culture which fully embraces flexi boarders.
- To be a Christian caring community respecting all religious values and none.
- To contribute positively to the local community.
- To give attention to the individual pupil and to engender mutual respect between staff and pupils and between individual pupils.
- To foster a love of learning.
- To provide an evolving curriculum and co-curricular activities for the benefit and development of all pupils.
- To maintain a constructive partnership with parents.
- To give a number of children from disadvantaged family backgrounds the best possible start in life.
- To provide our pupils with an outstanding education for life that combines academic and non-academic achievements and where all our students reach their full potential.
- To both advise and prepare our pupils for university, other education courses and their chosen careers.
- To ensure that all pupils leave the school as confident young adults who, rightfully proud of their own achievements and of their school, become valued members of society.
If you have difficulty accessing any of the information on this website please email email@example.com to request information in another format.