As a state boarding school, the Royal Alexandra and Albert School receives two separate Ofsted inspections, one for boarding and one for school. These can be found below.
School Inspection 2022
The inspectors concluded that our School has high standards, and was rated “good” in the behaviour and attitudes of pupils, personal development and in the Sixth Form. However, in some areas of inspection, Ofsted has made recommendations for improvement, and so rated the school overall as “requires improvement”.
There is so much to celebrate at our School, and we continue to be impressed by the attitudes and commitment of our pupils and staff. In our view, the recent Ofsted report provides a clear summary of our School’s many strengths and the steps that need to be taken moving forward.
You can read the full report below. A letter to parents regarding the latest school Ofsted can be found here.
Download the full report
Boarding Inspection 2018
The boarding inspection was carried out in March 2018 and boarding at the School was found to be OUTSTANDING! Ofsted found that pupils at this School had a very positive experience in boarding. Here is what they said:
- The school provides a secure environment in which children and young people flourish, achieve academically, stretch their abilities and develop social skills.
- Staff have been remarkably successful in improving the life experience of children and young people, and in expanding their future life chances.
- Despite the large numbers of pupils who board, staff manage to find time to give pupils excellent individual support.
Our boarders agreed with Ofsted and told them:
- "I would not be where I am now if it were not for this school."
- "I love… the range of activities. I'm always busy rushing around having an awesome time."
- "In my last school I couldn’t really be myself; here you feel like you can."
You can find all of the School's Ofsted reports here.